Coconut water is actually the juice present in the interior cavity or endosperm of young tender coconut. Coconut water is world’s most drinkable juice due to its high nutritious and health benefit properties. The water is actually obtained by opening a tender and undamaged coconut. Inside it, a sweet liquid is present containing many nutrients, minerals, vitamins, enzymes and python hormones. Generally, immature coconuts are collected from coconut trees and then collect water from that.
Coconut water contains approximately 46 calories a cup, 10 grams of natural sugar with little proteins and it is fat free juice. The coconut juice contains many nutrients like manganese, magnesium, sodium and phosphorus.
Health Benefits of Coconut Water for the Body
Coconut water has many health benefits as it contains many nutrients and minerals. Some of them are -:
- Coconut water is very refreshing drink to beat tropical summer thirst. Coconut water contains many minerals, natural sugar and electrolytes which help in replenishing the dehydration problems occur during in summer.
- Cytokineses is little known but has large benefits which are also present in coconut water. It has anti-thrombotic and anti-ageing effects and also reduces the cancerous cells.
- Coconut water contains a very good amount of electrolyte potassium which helps in replenish electrolyte deficiency due to diarrhea especially in children during summer.
- Coconut water is also a good source of vitamin B complex, that can find in thiamin and foliates. These minerals are essential in sense that human body require it from outside to replenish.
Some Other Benefits of Coconut Water
- Coconut oil also has natural bio-active enzymes which help in digestion and metabolism.
- Coconut water also contains copper. Your body cannot work like well-oiled machine if your body does not contains adequate amount of copper.
- Despite much lite in consistency, coconut water is a good source of vitamins, minerals, protein, sodium, magnesium and magnesia in comparison of mangoes, lemon and oranges.
- Coconut water also contains vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid. Vitamin C helps in treatment of scurvy, treatment of the common cold and boosting the immune system.
- Calcium and magnesium found in coconut water helps in controlling stress and muscle tension. Not only calcium makes teeth and bones strong but it also helps with smooth muscles relaxation. Adequate amount of calcium intake in our diet helps in muscle relaxation and also reduce the heart attack problems.
- The high potassium content of coconut water reduces cardiovascular diseases risk that help to maintain lower blood pressure.
- Coconut water is a good drinkable juice which contain adequate amount of calcium, magnesium and sodium which helps in maintain cholesterol level in human body.
- Coconut water also contains many anti-oxidants which help in preventing your body from free radicals. Free radical can damage our skin tissues or cells. You can easily manage them by adding anti-oxidants in your diet. Coconut water helps a lot in reducing free radicals.